Saturday, October 26, 2013

ezpz diy: coasters

You'll soon discover I have a Pinterest obsession. Pinterest is a godsend to a wannabe DIY-er like myself. Truth be told as far as DIY goes, I'm the kind of crafty that knows my way around a glue gun but I'm not really handy with tools. I've owned and used one multi-pronged tool since freshman year of college!

We recently moved, and are in the process of furnishing our new home from scratch. This gives me the opportunity to try my hand at some of my pins and showcase some easy peasy do it yourself projects here. First up: coasters.

I came across these paint chip coasters and fell in love. I began swiping paint samples from Walmart and Home Depot with no real timeline in sight (we don't even have a table...but that's for another post). Then on a trip to Hobo one day, I ended up in the tile aisle, so I figured "why not now?" I bought 4 4"x4" tiles for 10¢ each. By the time I got home, some random train of thought led me to use the congratulatory cards that we received when we  got married instead of paint chips. It's a really neat way to hang on to those sentimental tidbits without feeling like a pack rat. Here's how they turned out.



 Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment