Wednesday, October 23, 2013

meet maki

My son, Maki, will be 6 months next week. He's full of personality already and such a joy to be around. He's working on sitting up independently and crawling. Watching him learn and discover his body and its functions reminds me on a daily basis that we humans are just animals. I know that's kinda weird to dwell on, but I'm weird and all introspective like that. From his acute sense of smell to his dogged inchworm half crawl, Maki reminds me daily how we'd be screwed in the wild how delicate and precious life is.

Becoming a mom is one is one of my many reasons for starting this blog. I want to share this new experience and in the process document a sort of memoir that maybe one day Maki or a nostalgic me can look back on. I struggle with deciding just how much personal information to share on the internet; and I still haven't made a determination on publishing pictures of Maki here on this blog. But bear with me, hopefully the content of my posts will prove interesting enough to stand on their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment